SIR VISVESVARAYA INDUSTRIAL AWARD
It is significant to mention that the India’s first ever World Trade Centre, Mumbai which is named after Dr. M. Visvesvaraya as “M. Visvesvaraya Industrial Research & Development Centre (MVIRDC in short) is the outcome of the initiative taken by AIMO.
Every year, we identify an Industry for its excellent performance and present with “SIR VISVESVARAYA INDUSTRIAL AWARD”. In the past, we have given this Award to Organizations like:
- TVS Group
- Chemicals & Plastics India Ltd.
- Ashok Leyland Ltd.
- MRF Ltd.
- S I Viscose Ltd
- Madras Refineries Ltd – Public Sector
- Sundaram Fasteners Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd – Public Sector
- Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd.
- Neyvelli Lignite Corpn. Ltd – Public Sector
- Tamil Nadu Petroproducts Ltd.
- Hindustan Teleprinters Ltd – Public Sector
- Chemfab Alkalies Ltd.
- Madras Cements Ltd.
- India Pistons Ltd.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Shasun Chemicals and Drugs Ltd.
- MAARS India Ltd.
- Sri Krishna Sweets Pvt.Ltd.
- E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd.
- Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd.
- Indian Bank
- M.M. Exports
- City Union Bank (Banking)
- Hyundai Motors India Ltd (Automobile)
- Marg Group (Infrastructure)
- Grundfos India Ltd (Manufacturing)
- DP World Chennai
- LifeCell International Pvt.Ltd.
- Indian Overseas Bank
This award is given at a function in the presense of renowned personalities. In the past we have had the pleasure of having :
His Excellency Shri P.S. Ramamohan Rao as Governor of Tamil Nadu to deliver this award to Sri Krishna Sweets in 2002.
His Excellency Dr. P.C. Alexander as Governor of Tamil Nadu to deliver this award to MRF Ltd., in 1997.
His Excellency Dr. Bhishma Narain Singh as Governor of Tamil Nadu to deliver this award to Sundaram Fasteners in 1989.
His Excellency Dr. Chenna Reddy as Governor of Tamil Nadu to deliver this award to Tamilnadu Petro Products and Hindustan Teleprinters Ltd. during 1991.
Shri P.A. Sangma, Honourable Minister for Labour, Government of India to deliver this award to Chemplast in 1992.
Shri Kumara Mangalam, Honourable Minister for Power, Government of India to deliver this award to Sashun Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Shri P. Chidambaram, Honourable Finance Minister, Government of India delivered the award to M/s. E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd., Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd., M.M. Exports and Indian Bank on 8 th July, 2005 at GRT Grand Hotel, Chennai 17.
His Excellency Shri Surjit Singh Barnala as The Governor of Tamil Nadu delivered the award to M/s. City Union Bank Ltd., Marg Group, Grundfos Pumps India Pvt.Ltd and Hyundai Motors India P Ltd., on 16 th August, 2010 at Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
Honourable Speaker, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Thiru. D. Jayakumar delivered the Sir Visvesvaraya Industreial Awards to M/s. DP World Chennai, Indian Overseas Bank, and LifeCell International Pvt.Ltd., on 6 th August, 2012 at Hotel Savera, Mylapore, Chennai.